College Recruiting Process – Plan for Success
DECIDE/PLAN/FIT (10 steps to the top)
- Game Film – every play matters…put great stuff on tape.
- Highlight Film – best clips first.
- Coaches Write-up – talk about you as a player on and off the field.
- Transcript – grades matter.
- Athletic Resume – summary of your best self.
- Online Recruiting Questionnaire – colleges use these tools.
- Player email – Great introduction.
- Player Interview – separate you from other recruits.
- Coaches interview – opportunity to share my passion about you.
- Visit School/Attend Camp – don’t know until you go.
For more help with this process contact Coach Lance Ramer.
NCAA Guidelines and Information
Grade 9: PLAN
- Start planning now! Take the right courses and earn the best grades you can.
- Ask your counselor for a list of your high school’s NCAA core courses to make sure you take the right classes. Or, find your high school’s list of NCAA core courses at eligibilitycenter.org/courselist.
Grade 10: REGISTER
- Register for a Certification Account or Profile Page with the NCAA Eligibility Center ateligibilitycenter.org.
- If you fall behind on courses, don’t take shortcuts to catch up. Ask your counselor for help with finding approved courses or programs you can take.
Grade 11: STUDY
- Check with your counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate on time.
- Take the ACT or SAT, and make sure we get your scores by using code 9999.
- At the end of the year, ask your counselor to upload your official transcript.
Grade 12: GRADUATE
- Take the ACT or SAT again, if necessary, and make sure we get your scores by using code 9999.
- Request your final amateurism certification after April 1.
- After you graduate, ask your counselor to upload your final official transcript with proof of graduation.